|Firing mode(s)|| Slash|
|Used by|| Counter-Terrorist|
“This full-tang sawback Bowie knife is designed for heavy use in brutal survival situations.”
The Bowie Knife is cosmetic only, and shares the same performance as the default knife.
- The Bowie knife was created by James Black in the early 19th century for Jim Bowie, who had become famous for his use of a large knife at a duel known as the Sandbar Fight.
- Coincidentally, the Bowie knife was added to the Global Offensive after the death of rock star singer David Bowie, who was named after the knife.
- The knife is officially called the Bowie knife, but all files refer to the knife as the "survival bowie."
- The design of this knife is modeled after the real-life AITOR Oso Negro.
- Due to the way Valve has re-sized the Case Hardened skin for the Bowie Knife, the chances to get a completely blue Case Hardened Bowie Knife are much higher than the other knives.
Behind the scenes
- References to the view model textures were removed in the July 1, 2014 update (Operation Breakout) from the game files along with M48 Tomahawk and Classic Knife. This suggests the knife was planned early on and only released two years later.
- ↑ The Bowie knife on Wikipedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.