“This is a custom-designed balisong, commonly known as a butterfly knife. The defining characteristic of this weapon is the fan-like opening of a freely pivoting blade, allowing rapid deployment or concealment. As a result, butterfly knives are outlawed in many countries.”
The Butterfly Knife is a cosmetic knife available to players in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and is an extremely rare item received from opening a Operation Breakout Case. The Butterfly Knife was introduced in the Operation Breakout update.
- The Butterfly Knife is also a weapon in Counter-Strike Online.
- The Butterfly Knife has two different draw animations, played at random. One shows the player simply flicking open the knife. The other shows the player spinning it open with an open hand before gripping on it.
- The Butterfly Knife has three different inspect animations, played at random. One shows the player flicking the knife forwards and backwards before holding the safe handle with his thumb and index fingers and balancing the bite handle on his other fingers. The other shows the player spinning it around his thumb multiple times before holding it in the same position. The last shows the player flicking the knife forwards before spinning it around his thumb once, then holding it in the same position.
- The knife is often sought out due to its unique draw and inspect animations.
- Butterfly knife at Wikipedia.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.