The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
“Chokes enemies. Don't forget to buy a gas mask.”
―Buy menu description
Overview and development
- The CS Grenade was originally to be included in both Gearbox's version of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and in the planned patch for Counter-Strike. As Gearbox Software failed to meet to deadline for their game, the project was scrapped along with the grenade. Only two HUD and a kill icon remain in the game files.
- The idea was later reconsidered when Ritual Entertainment acquired Gearbox's assets for their version of the game but was ultimately cut. HUD icons remain in the game files along with a viewmodel and worldmodel and several mentions within the DLL files.
- The CS Grenade would release a cloud of gas that would damage anyone that passes through it. The effects could also stay for a couple seconds out of the gas.
- The only way a player would gain immunity to the gas produced by the CS Grenade was to buy the cut Gas mask.
- Although both grenades have similar effects, the Molotov cocktail did not have a counter-equipment. The Gas Mask would negate the effects of CS Grenade permanently.
- The CS Grenade producing a smoke would cause ill-equipped targets to cough, revealing their position.
- CS refers to the CS gas, a tear gas commonly used as a riot control agent, often dispersed via tear gas grenades.
- The CS grenade in both games is modeled after the M7A3 CS gas grenade.
- CS gas at Wikipedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.