Containers are a type of item exclusive to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. When opened, they will provide a player with a cosmetic item, randomly selected from the container's selection of cosmetic items, with those of higher rarity having a smaller chance to appear.
Weapon Cases were introduced in the Arms Deal update. Players have a chance to receive weapon cases as a drop after each completed game on a VAC secured server.
In order to open a weapon case, the player requires a matching key which can be bought in-game. Alternatively tradable keys can be bought from another player via the Steam Market, but these tradable keys are limited in quanity. Tradable keys were removed in the Key Change update on October 28th, 2019, which made all future keys restricted to the purchasing account. Each weapon case contains a collection of weapon skins ranging from Mil-Spec (rare) skins to exceedingly rare knife skins. Unique to weapon cases, there is also a chance to receive a StatTrak™ version of the weapon skin you recieve.
The types of weapon cases include:
- Black - Valve created weapon skins requiring a CS:GO Case Key
- eSports - Valve created weapon skins requiring an eSports Key, with a portion of proceeds supporting the CS:GO eSports scene.
- Yellow - Community created weapon skins requiring unique keys with a portion of the proceeds going to support the skins' authors
On September 11, 2017, Perfect World CS:GO Team released information regarding the probability of item quality available from Weapon Cases, in accordance with policy from the Ministry of Culture mandating that Chinese video games with lootbox-type microtransactions need to announce their loot quality stats.
The probability of items received in a weapon case are calculated under the following rules:
- From Rare items (darker blue) to Ancient items (Red), the relative probability of getting an item one grade higher than the current grade is 1:5.
- For ultra rare tier items (yellow), its relative probability to Ancient items (Red) is 2:5.
- Different items of the same quality will have the same chance to appear.
- Any items that have a StatTrak variant will have a 1/10 chance of coming with one.
In percentage forms, the probability of individual item grades are as follows:
|Quality||Normal Variant Probability||StatTrak Variant Probability|
The probability of individual items in each item grade is then divided equally for all available items. The properties of the item itself (e.g. float & wear values) are further randomized.
Sticker Capsules are a type of container in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Dropped sticker capsules require a corresponding sticker capsule key to be used in order to be opened. When opened, the player will receive a random sticker from the capsule contents.
The types of sticker capsules include:
- Key Capsules - The first three sticker capsules in Global Offensive dropped to players after matches on VAC secure servers. They required keys to open & have a small lock on the front. The Sticker Capsule & Sticker Capsule 2 shared the same key.
- Shop Capsules - After briefly experimenting with coupon drops in the Community Sticker Collection 2, which had no capsule. Valve would transition to direct in-game sticker sales for many community stickers with no capsule & also created the Enfu Sticker Capsule, which does not require a key to open. These are the traditional capsules you will see added to Global Offensive today, like the Battlefield 2042 Sticker Capsule.
- Event Capsules - Event based stickers sold directly for a limited time from the in-game store, during major tournaments or events with the proceeds being shared amongst the eSports organizations & teams who qualified. These capsules do not require a key to open.
Souvenir Packages are a type of container dropped during a championship match in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or purchased from the in-game store.
Unlike other containers, they do not need any key to be used or opened. When opened, they drop a Souvenir quality weapon skin with one or more tournament stickers already applied.
Collectible Pins Capsule
Template:Collectible Pins Capsule
StatTrak™ Radicals Box
- #??? - Prisma 2 Case
- #275 - Chicken Capsule*
- #274 - Prisma Case
- #259 - Danger Zone Case (Prime only)
- #207 - Spectrum Case
- #178 - StatTrak™ Radicals Box*
- #176 - CS:GO Graffiti Box*
- #175 - Collectible Pins Capsule Series 2*
- #174 - Bestiary Capsule*
- #173 - Sugarface Capsule*
- #172 - Gamma 2 Case
- #144 - Gamma Case
- #143 - Collectible Pins Capsule Series 1*
- #142 - Community Graffiti Box 1*
- #141 - Chroma 3 Case
- #110 - Team Roles Capsule*
- #109 - Slid3 Capsule*
- #108 - Pinups Capsule*
- #49 - Enfu Sticker Capsule*
* Available only as in-game offer
- #208 - Operation Hydra Case
- #112 - Operation Wildfire Case
- #111 - Revolver Case
- #80 - Shadow Case
- #50 - Falchion Case
- #48 - Chroma 2 Case
- #38 - Chroma Case
- #29 - Operation Vanguard Weapon Case
- #19 - eSports 2014 Summer Case
- #18 - Operation Breakout Weapon Case
- #17 - Huntsman Weapon Case
- #16 - Community Sticker Capsule 1
- #12 - Sticker Capsule 2
- #11 - Operation Phoenix Weapon Case
- #10 - CS:GO Weapon Case 3
- #9 - Sticker Capsule
- #7 - Winter Offensive Weapon Case
- #5 - eSports 2013 Winter Case
- #4 - CS:GO Weapon Case 2
- #3 - Operation Bravo Case
- #2 - eSports 2013 Case
- #1 - CS:GO Weapon Case
- #200-#206 - Atlanta 2017 Souvenir Packages**
- #182-#199 - Atlanta 2017 Autograph Capsules*
- #181 - Atlanta 2017 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #180 - Atlanta 2017 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #165-#171 - Cologne 2016 Souvenir Packages**
- #147-#164 - Cologne 2016 Autograph Capsules*
- #146 - Cologne 2016 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #145 - Cologne 2016 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #133-#140 - MLG Columbus 2016 Souvenir Packages**
- #115-#132 - MLG Columbus 2016 Autograph Capsules*
- #114 - MLG Columbus 2016 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #113 - MLG Columbus 2016 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #101-#107 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #83-#100 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Autograph Capsules*
- #82 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Challengers (Foil)*
- #81 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Legends (Foil)*
- #73-#79 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #53-#72 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Autograph Capsules*
- #52 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Challengers (Foil)*
- #51 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Legends (Foil)*
- #47 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #46 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #39-#45 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #31-#37 - DreamHack 2014 Souvenir Packages**
- #30 - DreamHack 2014 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #22-#28 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Souvenir Packages**
- #21 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Challengers*
- #20 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends*
- #15 - EMS Katowice 2014 Legends*
- #14 - EMS Katowice 2014 Challengers*
- #13 - EMS One 2014 Souvenir Package**
- #8 - Gift Package, Pallet of Presents, Audience Participation Parcel***
- #6 - DreamHack 2013 Souvenir Package**
* Formerly available only as in-game offer
** Dropped only during event
*** Non-container (gift item type), available only as in-game offer during the winter holidays
- Opening containers is restricted in Netherlands and Belgium.
- In France containers can no longer be purchased from Steam Community Market, but can still be sold.
Behind the scenes
- In game files, an unused model for a weapon crate can be found, named
weapon_crate_a.mdl, suggest that it could be possible to inspect a container model. The feature was later added to the game along with an opening animation in the Panorama UI update.
- 应文化部政策要求关于CSGO随机抽取类物品概率与结果的公示 - csgo.com.cn (in Chinese)
- Perfect World CS:GO has finally published their case odds (in a reluctant way) just like what they did with Dota 2 earlier - Reddit r/GlobalOffensive
- July 11, 2018 Update
- September 30, 2019 Update