The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
[ NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT ]
- Replaced Competitive mode "Join in Progress" matchmaking system with "Queued" matchmaking.
- Searching for a Competitive game, either from "Find a Game" or "Play with Friends," will enter the player/s ( between 1 and 5 ) into a waiting queue. Once 10 compatible players are found then the game will begin.
- Players that disconnect from a match can reconnect to it from the main menu or abandon it. Abandoning a game will result in a cooldown period during which no new competitive match can be joined.
- Note: Elo will be recalibrated for the new matchmaking system over the coming weeks.
- New maps:
[ MINOR FIXES ]
- Weapon changes:
- Guns are now considered "reloaded" at the point during the reload animation in which they visually appear to be reloaded - this allows you to switch away from a gun after the new magazine has been entered without having to wait until the whole reload animation has finished * the weapon refire delay after starting a reload is not affected.
- Fixed HUD not showing during demo playback.
- Changes to Matchmaking Lobby
- Removed global Join Button and added Join Buttons for individual friends in the Invite Friends section.
- Join state is now visible when you browse the friends list.
- Removed global Steam Profile button and added ability to click on any avatar image to see Steam Profile.
- Removed global Invite Button and added Invite Buttons for individual friends in the Invite Friends section.
- Added new feature section to the main menu
- Fixed issue that caused doors and other "pusher" entities to move at the wrong speed when the tick rate was > 64 Hz.
- Fixed post-process blur effect getting enabled (and left on) during demo playback if the player invoked the buy menu.
- Fixed MOTD on OSX.
- Fixed scoreboard getting stuck in toggle mode after halftime sometimes.
- Fixed ability to connect to community servers using server browser from in*game pause menu.
- Fixed exploit where models could be subsituted via a hardware performance setting.
- Fixed memory corruption related to bots cleaning up their occupied nav areas.
- Fixed spectator glow materials not being precached.
- Resolved several minor bugs to clean up console spew on launch and map load.
- Fixed a crash associated with targetIDs and the
- Votes that match or exceed the number needed to succeed now end the vote early instead of waiting for the timer to expire.
- The radar now displays when a player or bomb is above and below you.
- Reduced the aim punch that happens when shot in arms and legs as well as in the chest/stomach when wearing chest armor.
- Slightly increased the velocity boost grenades get when thrown by moving players.
- Fixed in-game voice chat not working with some microphones on OSX.
- Added convars
mp_teamname_ctthat allow overriding team names on the scoreboard.
- Fixed grenade bounce being significantly reduced when tossed at the ground at most angles.
- Fixed not being able to vote when spectating/observing or when the scoreboard was up.
- Changes to warmup period:
- Players now respawn in the warmup period.
- Warmup periods now only end when the warmup time expires.
- Warmup period no longer allows friendly fire.
- The community server browser warning pop*up can now be dismissed and told to never show again.
- There is now a visual and audible change in place of the silence on planted c4 when its about to explode.
- Fixed the medals on the main menu showing the wrong categories.
- The Buy Previous hotkey in the buy menu now only buys things that you purchased in the previous round.
- Fixed an exploit that let players infinitely spawn golden knives.
- Fixed a case where if all players on both teams had the same clan team name the were considered on the same team.
- Fixed a crash on startup when launching a game by joining a game server from Steam.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.