“We must drive them from our lands!”
Middle-Eastern fundamentalists based on world domination and other evil deeds.
Origin: Somewhere in the Middle East.
Focus: A fundamentalist Terrorist organization whose members believe that their evil plans will allow them to take over the world. Has carried out Terrorist attacks in more than 20 countries, killing more than 2,000 people. Targets have included the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and Israel. Major attacks included the 1989 hijacking of Fly Friendly Airlines Flight 983, whose pilot was executed on national television, and an attack on a Greek luxury cruise ship in which they killed all on board by poisoning the water supply.Strength: Several hundred members, spread throughout the world. Political support from Libya and Syria and, since 1987, training, logistic assistance, and financial aid.
In Counter Strike, the Elite Crew model originally consisted of a light-skinned man with a flat-top hairstyle wearing sunglasses, a green bomber jacket, fingerless gloves, tan pants, and brown boots. However, by 1.6, the model's skin became olive-colored, and the pants became brown.
In Counter Strike: Condition Zero, the Elite Crew model gained a complete overhaul that made it appear more distinctly Middle Eastern. It now has a white fez with a headscarf wrapped around the head, sunglasses, a moustache, an orange shirt with a green combat vest, and tan pants with black boots. In Deleted Scenes, where the terrorists get five different head models, the Elite Crew's headgear was expanded, including turbans, pakols, and bandannas.
Counter Strike: Source saw a return to the original style set forth in the original Counter-Strike, but much more detailed. The model now has a "Van Dyke" goatee, a Bluetooth earpiece, and a more-detailed utility belt.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Elite Crew now wear a larger variety of outfits including beige shirts, brick red shirts, and blue jeans. They also wear a variety of shemagh scarves and sunglasses. These outfits were updated in the revamped version, but maintained the same style. The Danger Zone Subjects that appear in the Danger Zone gamemode use their head models.
Their default gloves are black leather fingerless gloves.
“An expert in local knowledge for Elite Crew's urban operations, Ground Rebels are known for keeping an ear to the ground. That's the signal.”
Jungle Rebel is a Distinguished agent added in Operation Riptide. This agent can be purchased from the Operation Riptide Shop for 5 stars (random selection of all 5 distinguished agents) or from the Steam market.
“Elite Crew's wetland and jungle based ground rebel. Deadly in the shade(s). It's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.”
“Osiris earned his nickname from passing judgement, often too quickly, on his marks. His reasoning is simple: "When your time is as valuable as mine, why make small talk?" Confident, skilled, and quick to act, Osiris takes pleasure in dispatching targets with unrivalled efficiency. Any objections?”
“After graduating Magna Cum Laude, Prof. Shahmat began teaching to impart knowledge. With every class Shahmat realized his pupils didn't have the same revolutionary desires that he did. Recognizing that his mind was beginning to dull, he decided to seek a new challenge—mastering the art of war. Watch and learn.”
The Elite Mr. Muhlik
“First appeared operating as an 'Acquisitions Consultant' for arms industry magnates, Mr. Muhlik quickly worked his way on to many Most Wanted lists worldwide. Unconfirmed reports suggest he is the last surviving heir to a recently-deposed Middle Eastern monarch. With evidence of elite military training, international private education, and numerous international bank accounts, it’s suspected Mr. Muhlik is maneuvering to rebuild sovereign power over his family's historical lands. Pressure and time.”
- The original Elite Crew model from Counter-Strike 1.6 is a reskin of Gordon Freeman's model from Half-Life.
- 1337 Krew and Leet Krew is a leetspeak version of Elite Crew.
- Prior to Condition Zero, the Elite Crew in the faction selection menu was named "1337 Krew".
- The original name of this faction was "Durah Cell" according to a user manual found in the game files. They were later renamed to Elite Crew.
- The name Durah Cell is likely a pun on the battery manufacturer Duracell.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Deleted Scenes, the Elite Crew spoke Arabic.
- The Elite Crew are tied with the Akunin and Guerilla Warfare for appearing in the most missions in Deleted Scenes.
- In Global Offensive, two model variants of the original Elite Crew have a Marlboro cigarette pack in their shirt pocket.
- In Global Offensive, unused Elite Crew quotes mentioning hostages can be found in the game files.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, if a player uses a flashlight and shines the light on an Elite Crew member's face, one can see his eyes behind the sunglasses.
- In Source, the model has a Mobile phone resembling a Motorola Razr on its belt.
- In Counter-Strike, the Elite Crew is frequently used by professional gamers due to it having a small head and a slim body that make it a hard target.
- With the new revamped player models in Global Offensive, the Elite Crew is the only faction with two first person hand models, with the African model variant A having a different, dark-skinned hand model.
- CS:GO - The Return of Dust II
- Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 41. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3