Equipment or Gear is a special class of in-game items, generally referring to all in-game items that are not weapons.
In most Counter-Strike games, equipment generally refers to a collective of the following objects:
- All items in the equipment section of the buy menu such as the Kevlar + Helmet
- Other non-weapon equipments that the player is equipped with such as the nightvision goggles
- The objective equipment C4.
In Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, equipment also refers to mission required items such as the Radio and the Nuclear weapon and items spawned inside missions such as the Wall attached medkit.
Static map elements and props that affect gameplay in an interactive way are also sometimes considered equipments, despite not being "equipped" in a traditional sense. These are included under the Equipment category for ease of categorization.
Grenades are a type of weapon in the Counter-Strike series. In games prior to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, they are classified alongside other Equipment in the buy menu. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, they are in their own category on the buy menu.
Equipment Buy Menu
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes Equipment
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Exclusive Equipment
Gear Buy Menu
- C4 (Terrorist in defusal maps only)
- Silencer (KM.45 Tactical, USP-S, M4A1, M4A1-S only)
- Flashlight (Displayed on top right screen), default equipment.
- Security camera