“A modern homage to a falchion sword, this clip point blade has a curved edge.”
The Falchion Knife is a cosmetic knife available to players in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, & is a rare special (★) item. The Falchion Knife was introduced in the Operation Bloodhound update on May 27th, 2015, available exclusively in the Falchion Case. On March 15th, 2017 the Falchion Knife would become available in Chroma finishes in the Spectrum Case. It would return in the Spectrum 2 Case on September 14th, 2017, & it would finally become available in Gamma finishes on September 21st, 2021 as part of Operation Riptide in the Operation Riptide Case.
The Falchion Knife is a cosmetic & shares the same performance as the default knife. It is a rare special (★) item that can be found in a Falchion Case, Spectrum Case, Spectrum 2 Case, or Operation Riptide Case.
- The Falchion Knife has two inspection animations. The default animation involves the player spinning the knife on his palm and inspecting it. The second rare animation has the player balancing the knife vertically on his hand for a few seconds.
- The Falchion Knife originally deployed faster than other knives, at .97 of a second as opposed to 1 second. This was left unseen for 2 years until it was finally fixed on April 20th, 2017.
- The Falcion Knife in Chroma & Gamma finishes do not display their collection properly, displaying the Falchion Collection instead.
- The Falchion Knife is pronounced as "fôlʹshən" though many make the mistake of calling it the "falcon" knife.
- The Falchion Knife is modeled after the Espada (Large) by Cold Steel.