|The Cobra's Fang|
|First appearance||BETA 6.0|
|Last appearance||BETA 6.1|
The map is notable for the fact that almost all roofs that are present in the map are actually accessible, meaning that most of what is visible on the map is actually playable area. As there is also an underground area and the general size of the map is quite huge, the map has a very high learning curve.
The reason for its removal is the confusing level design and the darker than usual setting of the map. It also has numerous sniping spots that the Terrorists can use to their advantage, easily pinning down the Counter-Terrorists.
Paramilitary groups have attacked a Soviet ordnance depot. International specialists have supported the Russian forces.
The map was designed by Jo Bieg with Chris Ashton providing custom textures. The skybox, carnival, was made by "Nexus".  Having its initial release in beta 6.0, its presence in the official map rotation was very short-lived as the last appearance was in beta 6.1.
Jo Bieg stated that the reasons for the removal was that the map was too large and complex, and it was generally confusing with its many routes. Because of this he decided that he would redesign the map and make it simpler with fewer routes. This redesigned version of the map was released as de_fang_lite.[n 1]
- Interestingly, there is a broken computer. trying to destroy it will explode and maybe damage or kill the player.
- ↑ Mapping @ Planethalflife - Night & Space Skies. Archived from the original on 2001-07-19.
- ↑ MEEEEDIC | Jo Bieg - maps. Archíved from the original on 2000-08-18.
- ↑ LevelDesign.nu - MEEEEDIC intervju. Archived from the original on 2002-08-22.
- ↑ The interview falsely states the name of the map as de_fang_light