|Firing mode(s)|| Slash (Primary)|
|Rate of fire|| .4 sec (Primary)|
1 sec (Secondary)
|Used by|| Terrorist|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
The Gold Knife is the final weapon in Arsenal: Arms Race Mode and a kill is needed to win. This knife shares its team-specific model and performances as the basic Knife, the only difference is its gold texture.
It is only available in Arsenal: Arms Race and is purely to signify that the player has reached the last weapon the player has to kill with all of the previous weapons before given the knife) in the rotation. Once the player has made a kill with the gold knife, the round will end and the next map will load.
- Wielding the last weapon in an Arms Race game and attempting to kill with a knife will be challenging since other players will be using their assigned weapons. This means that it is required to be skilled to hunt down a player and kill them before they return fire.
- The gold knife inflicts the same damage as a normal knife, meaning the gold color on it doesn't bolster the player or the weapon in any shape or form.
- Avoid engaging enemies with shotguns. They can easily eliminate a player at close range, this may also applies to weapon with high rate of fire.
- Instead, try to flank or ambush enemies, especially players armed with the AWP. Attacking from behind will yield an instant-kill and win the round for your team.
- Stick together with team members as the extra players can distract enemies or provide adequate cover long enough to obtain a kill.
- Do not rush alone, especially when moving recklessly to the spawn zone of an enemy team as quick spawns can lead to groups of assailants, making a kill nearly impossible. Furthermore, without patience an assailant can eliminate a player with a gold knife and quickly level up.
- Stay away from open spaced areas, unless team members are providing cover. Stay low, find cover, and move quickly when enemies have moved away or are distracted.
- Arms Race & Demolition
Kill a player who is on gold knife level in Arms Race or Demolition mode.
| Knife on Knife|
Kill an enemy who is on gold knife level with your own knife in Arms Race or Demolition mode.
| Level Playing Field|
Kill an enemy who is on gold knife level with a sub-machine gun in Arms Race Mode.
Kill yourself while on gold knife level in Arms Race Mode
Originally available in the Beta, but was later removed
- In the game files, the gold knife is listed as knifegg.
- The letters "gg" probably stand for "Gun Game", the name of the mod the Arms Race mode is based on.
- Outside of the Arms Race mode, the Gold Knife can be spawned using console commands, but functions as a normal knife.
- The Gold Knife is the only weapon in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive that cannot be inspected in-game.
- The knife will stick out from the player character's hands when viewed in third-person.