This model has been included since BETA 6.5 from August 8, 2000.
A terrorist faction founded in the Middle East, this group has a reputation for ruthlessness. Their disgust for the American lifestyle was demonstrated in their 1982 bombing of a school bus full of Rock and Roll musicians.
Origin: A Terrorist faction founded in the Middle East, Guerilla Warfare has a reputation for ruthlessness. Its members' distaste for the American lifestyle was demonstrated in their 1982 bombing of a school bus full of rock n' roll musicians. Focus: The Guerilla Warfare is the largest and best equipped Terrorist organization in the world. Established in 1968 as the military wing of the Reza Military Regime, its primary focus is to destroy free enterprise and capitalism–thus its obvious disdain for the United States. The Guerilla Warfare is also believed responsible for bombing eight shopping malls in the Midwest and sabotaging two football stadiums. Strength: Approximately 1,500 to 2,000 armed members and a larger number of supporters, mostly in rural areas. Has been known to receive financial aid from Syria and Libya.
In all games, the Guerillas wear uniforms consisting of green sleeveless shirts, desert-camouflage pants (woodland-camouflage in Source), red bandanas, and black kevlar vests.
- In Deleted Scenes, the members of this faction speak Spanish. In the beginning of 'Turn of the Crank', they speak to the player in English and during Downed Pilot, Guerilla Warfare guards speak to the imprisoned player in German (which makes sense since the player is a GSG-9 operative).
- In their official description, the Guerilla Warfare are described as a Anti-American group from the Middle-East. However, they are a completely different faction in the Deleted Scenes' storyline with a different set of motives, originating from either South America or Mexico and operating as a cartel.
- The Guerilla Warfare are tied with the Akunin and Elite Crew for appearing in the most missions in the Deleted Scenes.
- From their appearance in the beta till Counter-Strike: Source, the Guerilla Warfare have changed very little compared to other factions. Their clothing and overall body has relatively stayed the same.
- Concept art for this faction exists during Global Offensive development.
- Their appearance appears to be based off of a "Rambo" look (red bandanna, camouflage trousers, combat boots, the selection icon carrying the M249, etc.), therefore often being used to portray him in Machinimas.
- The beta name for this faction is Gorilla Warface back in Counter-Strike beta. For some reason, the beta model is not deleted from the game files, unlike other factions.
- Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 43. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3