The Huntsman Weapon Case is a weapon case consisting of 15 community-made weapon skins released as part of the May 1, 2014 update that also introduced the Bank Collection. It requires a Huntsman Weapon Case Key to be opened. There is a small chance to unbox a Huntsman Knife when opening the case.
On June 11th, 2014, the Huntsman Weapon Case was updated, along with the Community Sticker Capsule 1 due to a copyright infringement. The M4A4 | Howl and several other weapon skins were removed and 6 new weapon skins were added.
* Added on June 11, 2014 Update
These weapon skins were removed from the Huntsman Weapon Case, since the creators involved with the M4A4 | Howl made these skins and Valve removed all skins of these two contributors, Aussi and Sic for the copyright claim. These skins can only be obtained by trading with other players, by completing a Trade Up Contract (with the exception of M4A4 | Howl) or by purchasing them from the Steam Community Market.
- Tec-9 | Isaac is created by the same creator as the Asiimov family of skins, and is originally uploaded as Tec-9 | Asiimov, and is also named after science fiction author Isaac Asimov.
- The M4A4 | Howl was removed from The Huntsman Collection due to copyright reasons. A few weeks after the release of the Huntsman Case, Valve discovered that the artwork was stolen. Auzzii and Sic stole one of Canisalbus' artworks which was inspired by the author's dog. After that, the Howl was taken to its own exclusive category (known as Contraband) making it rare and expensive. Valve replaced the artwork with a similar one made by them. Auzzii also created a sticker called Howling Dawn and was also taken to the Contraband category.
- The Huntsman Collection is the largest collection ever, as it contains 21 skins, with the exception of the Howl.
- Added to the game
- 6 items have been replaced by items from the workshop.
- Fixed M4A4 | Howl showing as the wrong quality in GOTV streams.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Original author, CanisAlbus, posts a journal entry on June 8th, 2014
- ↑ Official blog: Phoenix comes to a close
- ↑ Official announcement: Respecting Intellectual Property