Lari Muuriaisniemi got started in level design with the original Doom. His early published work included maps for Action Quake 2, a mod Minh Le was involved with, and modifications for Duke Nukem 3D.
When Minh Le and Jess Cliffe came across a Half-Life map designed by Muuraisniemi called Hill, they decided to contact him in the hopes of getting him to design a map for their upcoming Counter-Strike mod. Assault was the result and it would be included in Beta 1.1 of the mod. The map was a success and when Counter-Strike was released at retail, Valve Software bought the rights to the map and made it part of the retail product.
List of maps
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CS-Nation - CryptR Interview. Archived from the original on 2000-10-26.
- ↑ The official Counter-Strike web site - The CS Team. Archived from the original on 2002-06-10.
- ↑ Duke Nukem 3D NukeBot v1.0 Readme
- ↑ Clan FiRE! - CryptR Interview. Archived from the original on 2001-03-02.
- ↑ CS-Sweden - Intervju med CryptR. Archived from the original on 2001-04-24.
- http://www.dlc.fi/~lmuur/. Archived from the original on 2001-05-05.