|Alternate name(s)|| MP5|
|Magazine capacity||30 / 120|
|Rate of fire||750|
|Used by|| Terrorists|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|Kill Award|| $600 (Competitive)|
“Often imitated but never equaled, the iconic MP5 is perhaps the most versatile and popular SMG in the world. This SD variant comes equipped with an integrated silencer, making an already formidable weapon whisper-quiet.”
- This article is about the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive weapon. For the placeholder weapon cut during the development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, see MP5 SD (cut weapon).
The MP5-SD is a submachine gun featured in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as an alternative to the MP7 and is available to both teams. It was added as part of the August 15, 2018 update. Unlike the MP5 that was featured in earlier games, it features an integrated silencer, and can not be removed.
The max audible distance of firing sound the MP5-SD is 1000 units.
|Chest & Arm||26||16|
- The MP5-SD is suppressed, which greatly reduces its firing sound and allows for more stealthy engagements than the MP7.
Behind the Scenes
- Before its release, the weapon's outline, HUD and kill icons were added to the game files (
iconlib.swf) in the March 15, 2017 update.
- A dashboard animation called
ct_loadout_mp5sd_walkupwas added to the game's
animset_uiplayer.mdlfile in the June 19, 2018 update.
- Sound files folder and sound mixer script file refers weapon as "MP5".
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 8/16/18 (8/17/18 UTC, 188.8.131.52) on Reddit
game_sounds_weapons.txt- "Weapon_MP5.Single","Weapon_MP5.Clipin","Weapon_MP5.Draw" etc.
- MP5 at Wikipedia