|Founded|| 1998 (label)|
October 2, 2000 (company)
|Defunct||July 10, 2007|
|Headquarters||Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom|
Maverick Developments Ltd. was a game development studio based on the east coast of England. They are perhaps best known for developing the Half-Life mods Wanted! and Redemption. Their contribution to the Counter-Strike series consist of the training map included with the retail version of Counter-Strike.
Maverick Developments was originally formed by Phil Daniels in 1998 as the label under which his upcoming mod Wanted! The Quake II Western Pack was going to be released. The first actual release by Maverick Developments was Drug Barons, which was mostly developed by Daniels.
Phil Daniels met Tony Newton via the Half-Life mailing list and the two decided to collaborate in the development of a mod which eventually became Redemption for Half-Life. The first version of this mod was released on October 18, 1999.
The release was a success and the mod reached 100 000 downloads during its first week of release. This also attracted the attention of Valve Software who offered to purchase the rights to the mod and release it as a retail product, a deal which Maverick Developments accepted. Perhaps in order to facilitate selling the rights to the mod, Maverick Developments was officially registered as a legal entity on October 2, 2000. In late October 2000, Maverick Developments employed a total of 10 persons.
As part of the deal struck with Valve Software, Maverick Developments was also offered further projects by Valve. Both Wanted! and Redemption were released at retail as part of Half-Life: Counter-Strike. In addition, a training room was designed for the retail edition of Counter-Strike by Maverick Developments.
On July 10, 2007, Maverick Developments was dissolved as a legal entity.
- 1999 – Drug Barons
- 1999 – Redemption
- 2000 – Wanted!
- 2000 – Counter-Strike (Retail edition training map)
- 2000 – Gunman Chronicles (Demo version)
- ↑ Daniels, Phil (1998-11-28). "Wanted index page". Wanted! The Quake II Western Pack. Archived from the original on 1998-12-05. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Yurdakul, Hayri (2016-08-13). "Community Interviews: Tony Newton, mod developer, co-creator of Redemption". ValveTime.net. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ↑ Maverick Developments (1999-10-18). "Redemption Readme". Redemption for Half-Life.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Callaham, John (2000-10-30). "Maverick Developments Interview". STOMPED. Archived from the original on 2001-12-14. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Open Corporates (2015-12-17). "MAVERICK DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED". OpenCorporates. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ↑ Law, Caryn (2000-10-15). "The Half-Life Mod Expo 2000". Planet Half-Life. Archived from the original on 2000-11-09. Retrieved 2017-05-15.