|Creator(s)|| Cyberathlete Professional League (original author)|
Michael Hull (original author)
|Map Group||Defusal Group Delta|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
The map is themed like a Middle Eastern town, but because of its close resemblance to Moroccan style architecture, it is likely set somewhere in Morocco.
Mirage is the Global Offensive version of the Counter-Strike community map de_cpl_strike, created by Michael "BubkeZ" Hull. Hull originally created de_cpl_strike for the Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL). Hull later created a non-CPL version of the map and named it Mirage (de_mirage). It was a popular community map in the Counter-Strike community for years, and a version of the map was even made for Counter-Strike: Source.
After Global Offensive was released, Valve decided to remake the map and include the map as an official bomb defusal map. As with all official maps, Valve updated the visuals and tweaked the gameplay for better competitive play. For instance, the original versions of Mirage had textures similar to Italy, but was later updated to reflect a Moroccan style.
- There are two TVs with SMPTE color bars in this map. If they are attacked with any weapon, the TVs will no longer function.
- Mirage was also released in Counter-Strike Online.
- Even though the map has a Moroccan appearance, there is a car on the T side of the map outside of the playable area with the Licence plate appearing to say "America". This is because the car prop is reused from Left 4 Dead 2.
- A graffiti of an AWP with wings and four red skulls located at B Van was added in response to a quad AWP streak with a jumping noscope collateral from competitive gamer Coldzera at Van in MLG Columbus 2016. 
- Thrill, known as de_mirage2 during development.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmG76q-7CaE
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4fvyav/new_mirage_graffiti/