“Join the fight and take part in Operation Broken Fang. New challenges await, with the all-new Retakes and the exclusive Broken Fang Premier. Play new maps across a variety of game modes, and see how you measure up in the Operation Stats page. Complete weekly missions and choose from a variety of rewards including new agents, weapon collections, stickers, patches, and graffiti.”
Operation Broken Fang was released on December 3, 2020 for the price of $14.99 USD/€12.75 EUR/£11.49 GBP . This Operation introduced the Retakes mode and an alternative 5 versus 5 competitive mode named the Broken Fang Premier mode which added map picks and bans, and was originally exclusive to players who brought the operation pass, but was made available to all players in the March 29, 2021 update.
Also included in a Operation statistics panel (later converted to CS:GO 360 Stats) which records a wide variety of stats. It records average damage per round, weapon performance, map win rates, a "best mate" which is a teammate who helped you achieve your highest ratio of rounds won to rounds lost, entry kills, HE grenade success and flashbang success. Moreover there is map heatmaps which can be adjusted to show grenade, smoke, incendiary and flashbang success, kills and deaths and K/D. There is a shooting accuracy diagram which displays your body part accuracy.
Operation Broken Fang Coin
- Bronze: Purchase the pass
- Silver: Obtain 33 stars
- Gold: Obtain 66 stars
- Diamond: Obtain 100 stars
Similar to Operation Shattered Web, Operation Broken Fang features a battle pass format. The player earns stars for completing weekly missions which they can spend in the Operation Broken Fang Shop. The shop contains a variety of Agents, Weapon skins, stickers and graffiti which the player can choose to purchase with their stars. A maximum of 6 stars can be earned per week except for week 1, where a maximum of 10 stars can be obtained. Any additional progress towards missions will be granted as an XP boost. A player can purchase stars though these will not contribute to their Operation Broken Fang Coin progress.
Operation Broken Fang Shop
Operation Broken Fang is the first operation of its kind to allow players to choose how they spend their stars. They can either be spent on Operation Broken Fang Cases, Operation Broken Fang Agents, operation weapon collections (Ancient Collection, Control Collection, Havoc Collection, stickers, graffiti or patches.
|Operation Broken Fang Case||Weapon Case||2|
|Control Collection||Weapon Collection||4|
|Havoc Collection||Weapon Collection||4|
|Metal Skill Groups Patches||Agent Patches||2|
|Operation Broken Fang Stickers||Weapon Stickers||1|
|Recoil Stickers||Weapon Stickers||1|
|CS:GO Graffiti #3 Collection||Graffiti||1|
|Operation Broken Fang Agents||Agents (Counter-Terrorist Master)||25|
|Operation Broken Fang Agents||Agents (Terrorist Master)||25|
|Operation Broken Fang Agents||Agents (Superior)||10|
|Operation Broken Fang Agents||Agents (Exceptional)||7|
|Operation Broken Fang Agents||Agents (Distinguished)||5|
The missions for Operation Broken Fang have many references to culture, media, and commonly used terms. As of Week 5, here are the references:
- Each mission for Week 1 (START YOUR ENGINES) references car terminology such as Mass Production, Under the Hood, and Clutch Control
- Each mission for Week 2 (MOON SHOT) references the Apollo missions
- Each mission for Week 3 (RANGEFINDER) is Sniper terminology
- The Week 3 mission Through the Looking Glass is a reference to the book of the same name, the sequel to Alice in Wonderland
- Each mission for Week 4 (FULL-TIME JOB) references work/business terminology such as Get A Head Start and Short Term Investment
- The Week 4 mission Cash Rules Everything Around Me is a term originating from the song C.R.E.A.M. by the Wu-Tang Clan
- Each mission for Week 5 (SLEIGHT OF HAND) references magic terminology such as Keep Your Secrets and Smoke Show
- The original end date of the Operation was April 30th, 2021.