|« Operation Breakout||Operation Bloodhound »|
|Release date||November 11, 2014|
|Completion date||March 31, 2015|
|Maps||Backalley , Bazaar , Facade , Marquis , Season , Workout , Train|
|Weapon Case||Operation Vanguard Weapon Case|
|Campaigns||Vanguard, Weapons Specialist, Maghreb, Eurasia Theater|
Operation Vanguard was introduced as part of the November 11, 2014 update at the original price of $5.99 USD/€4,69 EUR and was scheduled to conclude on February 10, 2015, but was extended until the end of March, 2015. On January 8, 2015 the price of the operation pass increased to $5.99 USD/€5,19 EUR , and was reduced for one week to $2.99 USD/€2.59 EUR until February 16, 2015, at which time the pass was no longer sold in the store. The operation featured 6 new community maps, an operation themed weapon case, the addition of Campaigns and the return of the Operation Journal.
* Added to the Operations map group at a later date.
Operation Vanguard Coin
Unlike previous operations, the Operation Vanguard Coin tracked the player's mission completions in addition to competitive highlights on operation and active duty maps during the operation.
- Bronze: Purchase the pass
- Silver: Accrue 3 stars
- Gold: Accrue 4 stars
According to the Operation Vanguard FAQ, mission availability is on a strict release schedule, allowing players who purchase the pass at a later date to receive a backlog of playable missions. Each campaign consists of 21 possible missions for the player to complete, with a total of 84 missions possible if all four campaigns are active. With the two default campaigns, the player starts with two missions and gets one new mission every four days (roughly two per week). Each additional campaign gives the player one mission automatically, and an additional mission per four day period. Extending the operation until the end of March made it possible to complete all 84 missions, but with no additional benefit or coin.
Operation Vanguard Campaigns
* Additional DLC, $2.99 USD/€2,39 EUR each
- The Counter-Terrorists featured in the title image are using a P250 Cartel and a UMP45 Delusion from the Operation Vanguard collection and standing in front of the barricades on Marquis.
- Operation Vanguard ended a 40 day break between active operations, making it the third longest hiatus since introducing the first Operation, right behind Operation Wildfire and Operation Hydra.
- ↑ Counter-strike.net - Operation Vanguard Extended
- ↑ imgur - I Deserve a Platinum OP Vanguard Medal
- ↑ Gio's Operation Vanguard coin