|« Operation Bloodhound||Operation Hydra »|
|Release date||February 17, 2016|
|Completion date||July 15, 2016|
|Maps||Coast , Cruise , Empire , Mikla , Royal , Santorini , Tulip , Nuke|
|Weapon Case||Operation Wildfire Case|
|Weapon Collections||Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, Chop Shop|
Operation Wildfire was announced as part of the February 17, 2016 update , introducing seven new community created maps and including the re-release of Nuke for the price of $5.99 USD/€5.29 EUR/£3.99 GBP . The Operation ended on July 15, 2016.
Operation Wildfire also introduced new Blitz missions, where players earned bonus XP for performing specific actions during global windows of opportunity. Players must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in competitive Blitz missions.
The seven chosen maps were available for free to all players on official servers, but the reintroduction of Nuke remains on official servers.
* Remade version. Simultaneously officially released with the Operation.
Operation Wildfire Coin
Like the previous operation, the Operation Wildfire Coin tracked the player's mission completions in addition to competitive highlights on operation and active duty maps during the operation.
- Bronze: Purchase the pass
- Silver: Accrue 9 stars
- Gold: Accrue 14 stars
Operation Wildfire Campaigns
Like the previous operation, Operation Bloodhound, the campaigns now include a full storyline to accompany each campaign. Players gain experience towards the player's profile rank by completing missions. Additionally, Operation pass holders are eligible to receive an Operation Wildfire exclusive drop when ranking up while eligible for a drop.
Operation Wildfire also features Blitz Missions that provide bonus XP but are time-limited. A player must reach Private Rank 3 to participate in these missions.
- The Gemini Campaign had 23 Guardian Mode missions and 3 Co-op Strike missions designed for cooperative play. Unlike other missions, these missions can be replayed at any time. Completing missions in the Gemini Campaign also unlocks pages for a CS:GO comic.
- Wildfire Campaign missions featured Casual, Arms Race and Deathmatch game modes, earning mission XP for players when executing the specified mission action.
- The background of the title image shows the map Phoenix Compound.