|Creator(s)|| Iikka Keränen (original author)|
Turtle Rock Studios
|First appearance||Counter-Strike 1.5|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Source|
Background: A sprawling neo-romanesque palace known as Villa Piranesi is to be opened to the public as a museum. Restored furniture and works of art are being shipped into the compound.
Terrorists: Prevent the museum from opening by destroying one of its two main attractions; the antique sundial in the front courtyard or the grand celestial orrery in the back garden.
Counter-Terrorists: Protect the historical site against the terrorists.
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Not much has changed from the original, except the fact that the hidden giraffe statue from Counter-Strike was removed. Also, some textures and lighting have changed.
The textures greatly improved as well as the graphics, and furniture has been added to the bombsites, and the giraffe statue was added back again.
- There is a Black Mesa SUV in the CT spawn. This vehicle is featured in Half-Life and its expansions. The SUV only appears in 1.6 and Condition Zero.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6 and earlier versions, there is a humorous reference. In the main hall and front room, there are "historical" posters with the text "The use of the lathe became very popular during this time period, but due to our r_speeds limits, the furniture is square".
- In Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source, there is a "Ticket Office" at the entrance to the right. By using the "noclip" cheat, players can access a secret room with a statue of a giraffe.
- On May 2, 2017, a reference to the map name de_piranesi was found in the maplist_csgo.txt file in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- In the Source version, bombsite A contains a sundial. Texts found on the map describe the sundial as "Emperor Fred's Ancient Sundial".
- In the Source version, bombsite B contains an orrery. Texts found on the map describe the orrery as being created by the Gnomes of Zürich, which is a slang term for Swiss bankers.
- The map is referred in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive game stats.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Stats on SteamDB.info ("total_wins_map_de_piranesi","total_rounds_map_de_piranesi")