- For the CT-exclusive shield in Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero see Tactical Shield
“A protection device designed to deflect or absorb ballistic damage and help protect the carrier from an array of projectile calibers.”
The Riot Shield (formerly known as the Ballistic Shield and Danger Zone exclusive) is a Counter-Terrorist exclusive equipment only available in Hostage Rescue mode. Originally added on the May 7, 2019 update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it was later added to Casual mode for Hostage Rescue only as part of the Operation Riptide update on September 21, 2021.
The Riot Shield protects the player from bullet attacks. Bullet attacks striking the shield will be fully blocked, preventing any damage to the player. However, bullets also damage the shield, and the shield can be broken if it is damaged enough. Every shot that lands on the shield inflicts an amount of damage to the shield. This is calculated by
'Base Damage * Penetration Power'.
- The shield can only be damaged when it is equipped by a player; It cannot be damaged if it is dropped off.
- Melee attacks ignore the shield completely.
- When not actively equipped, the shield is carried on the player character's back, protecting the back from bullets.
- When the shield is equipped, the player cannot equip and use their weapon(s), and holds the shield to their front.
- The shield protects the front of the player, but the sides and the viewing slot are not protected.
- Having a Shield in the player's inventory will incur a speed penalty, reducing the player's speed to 200 units per second regardless of what weapon is actively equipped.
- Having the Shield actively equipped will further reduce the player's speed to 170 units per second.
- When equipped, the player can perform a bash attack with the shield.
Previously, the Ballistic Shield for Danger Zone only used a different model which did not have the covering for the face. Before, the shield had no protection when enemies aimed for the head, though since this is covered now the only exposed parts are the ankles and feet. The only other change is the change in health from 650 to 800.
The Riot Shield can be purchased in the Buy menu under the heavy section for $1100.
|Movement speed in hammer units per second|
|Crouch walking||58||Crouch walking||68|