Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article or section refers to unreleased or cut content and may contain inaccurate or incomplete information.|
Overview & History
- The weapon, along with the rest of the mod, was originally revealed on the official Counter-Strike website back when it was still hosted at Planet Half-Life.
- The weapon was given a description: "Exceptional accuracy (as expected from the Sig line of firearms) can be found in the SSG-3000 bolt action sniper rifle. Used by many European counter-terrorist units, the SSG-3000 is capable of blowing a man's head clean off (e.g. Dirty Harry movies)."
- The weapon was replaced by the G3/SG-1 before the first beta had been released, thus the weapon was dropped from the game.
- The idea of a 7.62 NATO sniper rifle would not be explored until the release of the Schmidt Scout in the fourth beta.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive features a more modern version of the SSG 3000, the SSG 08 that replaces the Schmidt Scout and serves as a successor to both weapons.
- According to the official description, the weapon's ability to kill instantly with a headshot was inspired by Dirty Harry movies.
- Planet Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Weapons
- CS-Nation - contest #2 results. Archived from the original on 2003-10-23.
- Counter-Strike: www.counter-strike.net - News Archive - Older News. Archived from the original on 2001-06-10.
- SIG SSG 3000 at Wikipedia.