Sandstorm is an extra mission in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.
Currently on a train en route to the Bagbah Chemical Plant, the player is being briefed by two SAS soldiers about the mission to come. The player must confirm the chemical weapons reports by infiltrating the facility and placing the explosive charges throughout the complex if necessary.
The squad leaves the train but is pinned down by guards. The player is assigned to infiltrate the plant undetected to ensure that their position isn't compromised before the assault. After entering a small garage, the leader reports on the radio that two other soldiers are down. The player travels down a long tunnel that leads to a Terrorist-infested loading bay and a small storage silo. After passing the silo, there is a corridor with many pipes within to travel over. A small battle will ensure while the player approaches a building with a gate to open. This reveals a few more silos and a platform leading to a small staircase.
At the bottom, there is a mounted machine gun among explosive barrels, all behind a puddle of biochemicals and a pipe. Another open space is followed by a small office and the main biochemical storage tank. After destroying it with a remote bomb, another mounted gun shows the way to a large battle with Terrorists wielding grenades and LAWs that are guarding a Scud launcher that is also meant to be destroyed. Finally, the assault happens, but the player's work is done there.
- Infiltrate facility without detection.
- Locate bio-chemical storage tank.
- Destroy bio-chemical storage tank.
- Destroy Scud launcher.
Weapons & Equipment
|Colt M4A1 Carbine||30 / 90|
|Desert Eagle||7 / 0|
|ICON||WEAPON / EQUIPMENT||AMMO / AMOUNT|
The British SAS
- This is the only mission where the British SAS wear desert camouflage uniform.
- Four background music songs have been composed for this mission.
- Due to the similarities, this mission may have been a homage to the Counter-Strike cut maps cs_iraq and cs_arabstreets.
- The Scud launcher can be destroyed by throwing an HE grenade under the area where the RC bombs needs to be planted.
- If the player places the RC bomb while destroying the scud beforehand, the RC bomb will float in the air.
- Like other SAS missions, this is one of the hardest missions to beat as enemies usually carry heavier weaponry at later stages of the area, usually M72 LAWs, M60s, M2 Browning Machine Guns, AWPs, and grenades (HE grenades and flashbangs). In fact the environment that the mission takes place has chemical hazard that kills the player almost instantly if he fell into chemical water.
- There are 2 enemies that use the LAW. Stay alert for them.
- If the player is spotted by the two targets before entering the garage, the mission will fail.
- The operatives at the garage cannot be killed despite numerous enemies shooting at them after the player enters the garage and than noclips out. The enemies also endlessly respawn after one of them are killed.
- There is a secret M72 LAW in the level. Prior to the area where the player needs to destroy the Scud launcher, the player needs to jump on boxes and crates, and then on a platform, and the player should obtain the M72 LAW.
- There are many metal packages that have Chinese characters on them, and they read “危險”(Meaning Dangerous in Chinese)