The suicide belt is a Terrorist AI exclusive weapon. Enemies wearing it do not have any weapons equipped and will run up to the player, activating the device, triggering the explosion and killing themselves in the process.
There is a 1 second delay between the activation and detonation. The explosion deals a 100 health point damage at point and around 50 with armor. The blast radius is 250 units.
The suicide belt appears as a chest belt with two sets of dynamite explosives strapped to the belt with white duct tape. The duct tape also holds the rectangular detonator between the two packs of dynamite.
Enemies use suicide belt in the following missions in the Deleted Scenes:
Behind the scenes
- If a Terrorist is killed while activating the device they might explode even after death. Although a bug in the final version, it was originally conceived as an actual mechanic as evidenced by the "kamikaze_sacrifice" animation found in the NPC models.
- The suicide belt originated from Rogue Entertainment's build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.
- According to early coverage, if the Terrorist was killed right after the belt was armed, the Counter-Terrorists had a short amount of time to defuse before it detonated.
- According to concept art, the belt's explosives were made with C4. It is unknown if the belt's explosion would be as powerful as the actual C4 explosive.
- The suicide belt was originally planned to be introduced to both the Gearbox Software versions of Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, though the item was ultimately cut from the multiplayer as griefers would intentionally buy the device to use it against their allies, if friendly fire was to be active.
- It is unknown whether or not they were to appear in the single-player portion of the game.
- Suicide belt at Wikipedia