|Creator(s)|| Valve Corporation|
Hidden Path Entertainment
|Terrorists||Phoenix Connexion (targets)|
|Counter-Terrorists|| SEAL Team 6 (player model)|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
“The G.O. test facility was designed to provide basic weapons training for new agents as well as give experienced agents an environment to practice and sharpen their skills.
The facility contains basic weapon ranges, explosive handling zones, and a weapons course. While there's no DFAC on site, "the commander" has been known to throw a mean BBQ in the courtyard.”
The map functions as a tutorial for the player to learn the basic controls of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as well as providing the player with gameplay tactics. No NPCs are encountered throughout the course. However, an unseen instructor sends verbal guidance to the player throughout the course via the radio.
- Weapon skins are disabled when participating in the Weapons Course, but the player can still inspect obtained weapons.
- There's a censored quote in the "Headshot" course. The training announcer will say, "For once, ignore the time, [Word censored here], just for bragging rights."
- Training Variable
- Default value is unknown.
- Default value is unknown.
Behind the scenes
- DFAC stands for Dining Facility.
- According to the voice of the instructor and the SEAL Team 6 sleeves model, the player might be in a military base somewhere in the United States, or in an American-operated overseas base.
- There is a possibility that the setting of the map is taking place in Florida, as evidenced by some swamp environments.
- Despite this, the Counter-Terrorist targets depict German GSG-9 units painted on them.
- When the player goes outside at the beginning of the map, the player can witness a helicopter taking off and leaving the base.
- It may be likely that the Phoenix Connexion is the largest (fictional) Terrorist threat of the United States (and perhaps the world) as they are the primary targets in the training scenario.
- An early version of the Weapons Course can be found in a leaked Counter-Strike: Global Offensive alpha version from 2011. Temporary audio files for the Commander, recorded by Chet Faliszek, the writer for the map, can be found in this version.
- This is the one of the rare times in the history of Counter-Strike in which the player, as a Counter-Terrorist, is given the ability to pick up and plant the C4 bomb.
- At the grenade range, if the player throws a grenade at the bananas next to a mannequin and causes one of them to catch fire, fly towards, and hit the player, the player's screen will become red for 1 second due to the fire. However, the player won't lose any health.
- The map's thumbnail is named "Alleyway" in the in-game files.